Born and raised on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia, Travis Grant has spent most his life on the ocean. He started off as a junior life guard (nippers) at the age of five, followed by swimming, paddle boarding, surfing and surf ski. He eventually grew a strong liking for Outrigger Canoe paddling. Outrigger allowed and encouraged Travis to travel to beautiful destinations including Tahiti and Hawaii. His love for the ocean only continued to grow.
As the SUP race scene emerged, Travis immediately took an interest to the sport. He placed 2nd at the Battle of the Paddle – Hawaii; his first major race.
In his short SUP career, Travis feels very fortunate to win some of the world’s biggest SUP events. Molokai, Battle of the Paddle and the ISA World Championship are a few titles Travis has already accomplished.
- M2O, 1st (Molokai)
- Battle of the Paddle, 1st (Hawaii)
- Battle of the Paddle Distance Race, 1st (California)
- ISA world SUP Championships Technical Race, 1st (Peru)
- ISA World Championships Distance race, 2nd (Peru)
- Waikiki Paddle Festival JM Survivor Race, 1st (Hawaii)
- Duke Festival Ultimate SUP Show Down, 2nd (Hawaii)
- Maui to Molokai 2nd (Hawaii)
- Olukai, 2nd (Hawaii)
- Sup Race Cup, 1st (France)
- Loss Mills 3rd, (Germany)
- The Doctor, 1st (West Aus)
- 12 Towers, 1st (Gold Coast, AUS)
- King of the Harbour, 1st (NZ)