Bart brings a wealth of knowledge from a lifetime of experience on the water. He was heavily involved in the prime years of windsurfing as an athlete and business owner. From 2005-2008 he sailed around the world with his family. Bart is now the owner and operator of one of the largest SUP shops in the Hawaiian Islands with Kanaha Kai Maui.
Bart is probably most well known in the SUP community for his amazing endurance paddles. However, he still manages to be an incredible competitor in shorter distances as well. When he is not traveling around the world competing or crossing a channel he enjoys his time at home on the beautiful island of Maui.
- 2005-2008 – Sailed around the world
- 2009 – 1St to SOLO paddle around Maui (225km) 2009,
- 2010, 2011,2012 – 3-time winner 11-city tour ( world’s longest SUP race)
- 2011 – Record longest solo non-stop unsupported SUP crossing Big Island-Kauai 5 days/nights
- 2012 – First ever SUP crossing North Sea, England- Netherlands
- 2010-’13 – 25 international top 5 finishes between 2010 and 2013
- 1989-2013 – Owned and managed windsurf and Sup centers in Greece, Venezuela and Maui.