Lina Augaitis is a school teacher and athlete. She grew up competing as a national level gymnast. Upon the completion of her career as a gymnast, she ventured into a variety of sports at the University level including rowing, rugby, wrestling, ultimate frisbee and eventually found the sport of triathlon. She raced in two World Championships (University and Long Distance Age Group) and found success within the province of BC. She later found off trail sports excited her even more, which led to many exciting years racing as an elite adventure racer. Through a series of unexpected events, she started to stand up paddleboard. Being someone who loves to compete and race, she quickly found herself racing and finishing ahead of the pack. After a year away in China she returned to Canada and stormed the SUP scene. In 2013, she won Canadian titles as well as marking her spot on the international race scene.
- British Columbia Champion 2013
- Canadian Champion 2013
- 3rd Elite Distance Race at BOP 2013 (largest SUP race in world)
- 1st Canadian Female to paddle Molokai 2 Oahu SOLO SUP
- 1st Battle of the Bay, Round the Rock, and Tahoe Nalu Distance
- 1st place Round the Rock, Seattle
- 1st place Eastern Canada Championships
- 2011: First to SUP from Whitehorse to Dawson on the Yukon River. 750km. 5 days.
- 2012: First (with 3 others) to SUP from Koh Lanta to Koh Phi Phi, Thailand. Approx 34km Open Ocean.
- 2012: First to complete SUP in Algonquin Park on the Opeongo Lake -Lake Lavielle Loop
- March 2013: FEAT Canada, Vancouver BC
- June 2013: Vancouver Festival of Ocean Films, Vancouver BC
- 1987-1998 Provincial and National level gymnast
- 1999-2003 Queen’s University Varsity Rowing, Wrestling, Rugby, and Ultimate Frisbee
- 2003-2007 Triathlete and marathon runner. World University Triathlon Championships(Spain), World Long Distance Championships (3rd in age group) (Denmark)
- 2007-2011 International adventure racer, ultra running, mtn bike racing
- 2011-2013 Elite SUP racer
- 2014 International elite SUP racer