Established in September 2013, the Stand Up Paddle Athletes Association is an international governing body for stand up paddle board racing. With cooperation from athletes, race directors, sponsors and stand up paddle boarding constituent groups, we will establish standards for stand up paddle board racing rules and execution while providing valuable SUP training and SUP racing tools and resources.
- Implement the SUPAA Rulebook to standardize stand up paddle board racing rules.
- Certify and educate SUPAA race officials to help implement race rules.
- Coordinate board restrictions with stand up paddle board manufacturers to ensure stand up paddle boarding remains fun and inclusive for all participants.
- Organize the scheduling of stand up paddle events in order to create the most value for event organizers, athletes and sponsors.
- Cooperate with athletes, event organizers, sponsors and all constituent groups to ensure our efforts are effectively carried out.
- Create youth development programs to provide new opportunities for access and growth of the sport.
- Provide high quality, informative content about SUP training and SUP racing.
SUPAA is dedicated to promoting excellence in the sport of stand up paddling. In pursuing this mission, SUPAA will (a) establish organizational standards to improve the quality of events and instruction (b) promote rules to ensure fair competition and (c) endeavor to establish a standard of excellence in all aspects of stand up paddling. These initiatives will produce a uniformly positive experience for stand up paddle constituent groups, including but not limited to: athletes, officials, sponsors, spectators, volunteers, media, consumers and manufacturers.
With the guidance of stand up paddle athletes, race directors and industry personnel, we will cultivate and continue positive growth of the sport of stand up paddle boarding.
Through our organizational programs we will provide a framework in which the path we set can be implemented and executed.
Through our membership and programs we will become a unified voice of the stand up paddle athlete while also representing the interests of stand up paddle board officials, sponsors, media, consumers and manufacturers.
Through our website we will provide comprehensive tools and resources for SUP training and SUP racing.